Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Memories

I remember at some point in my childhood, thinking that my taste buds were falling off. Danae and Christine willingly tested my theory by mixing up a nasty concoction (think salsa, milk, herbal tea, tabasco...)for me to taste. To encourage me, Tam told me she would give me a dollar if I drank it which of course I did, I couldn't pass up a whole dollar. Tam did follow through and pay me...in pennies.

11 comments:

Tam said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! HA HA HA!! Good times, good times. (A recent favorite saying of Nicco's)

Danae said...

That was hilarious! I can so vividly remember doing it and watching your face turning lovely colors as you continued to insist that you could not taste the stuff we mixed up!

Di said...

I remember doing a similar thing to my younger sisters when we were staying at Liz Wright's house. Anyone else remember? I felt bad though because there was no reward. You were just eating all this horrible stuff. Along the lines of little sisters doing dumb things and big sisters doing it to them, I remember one time telling Tam to breathe the water she just poured into a glass. She sniffed it and I said "No, BREATHE it." She did. She was really, really mad at me for a long time. If I would even bring it up she would get mad. I'm not sure what she expected would happen when she breathed water. I'm not sure why I tried to drown my sister by having her inhale water.

Tam said...

Diana, that is NOT funny! Just kidding, now that I have come to grips with my poor loser self, I can look back and laugh. I guess I should not have been so gullible. Actually, I wasn't gullible, I was TRUSTING!!! You betrayer of trust, you!

Sheila said...

I remember the breathing water incident also. Ha ha. I also remember thinking Di and Liz Wright were really cool so I would have done anything you said even without a reward.

Danae said...

We are so funny! I remember the breathing water thing, I do remember being at the Wright's, probably thinking just like Sheila. I remember when Jen and Adrienne stayed with us for a while and Di and Jen told me to stick my middle finger up and show mom and say "hey, mom, here is my naughty finger!" I did not get in trouble but Di and Jen did. Oh the things siblings do. I now think of what I would be saying to the older ones when caught in action!

Danae said...

After reading comments left on all the blogs, I have to say, the comments are at least as amusing and much fun to read as the blogs themselves!

Tam said...

I remember one time when someone (Sheila) did something naughty...I can't remember what it was, but mom lined us all up and said red-faced and agitated "WHO DID THIS???" We all had a silent agreement not to give anyone up, but Sheila broke down in tears and cried "IT WASN'T ME!!!' Thereby betraying her guilt. Then again, maybe it was Danae...I just remember thinking You ding-dong, nobody was going to say anything. I was also thinking that if we continue down this "random memory" road, we will have to make all our blogs private so mom and dad don't discover all of our secrets!

Danae said...

That was Sheila. I remember knowing she would give herself up making it so the rest of us did not get into trouble. I also remember being so relieved that mom was the one who broke the duck dish. I was even grown up when that happened and still the threats of death to anyone who touched that made me glad it was not my fault!

Sheila said...

I don't remember that. Perhaps I was so guilt-ridden, I have supressed it somewhere deep down in my subconscious brain.

Danae said...

maybe Sheila should go into counseling to see what else she has repressed. I bet she was sexually abused by someone, sometime, probably by her brother. :)