For our ward Halloween party we did a Chili and Chocolate cookoff. I made yummy cream cheese brownies and won an award for the sweetest treat. I also won the year before for most decadent when I made chocolate mousse. My kids were just amazed at my "talents." Audrey said "Wow mom two years in a row, you are the chocolate champion!" I knew my addiction to chocolate would pay off somehow, not only do I get silly awards at ward functions, but also the respect and awe of my children. :-)Here is the recipe if you are interested: http://www.joyofbaking.com/printpages/CreamCheeseBrowniesprint.html

4 comments:
Wow--congratulations all around! The greatest reward is getting your chocolate addiction to pay off, of course. Secondary accomplishments are inspiring your children and raising great kids, and of course diggin up the old tiara and being reinstated officially as Queen of the Smith world. Chilmino: the icy feeling that runs down the spines of others in the presence of the Queen.
That is a great thing, to be chocolate champion. I am impressed too.
Matexic: a topic/skill you used to have but have lost. IE 7th grade math
fabulous blog Shiela--I found you and I am so glad we can keep in touch with you and your cute family this way--when did your kids get so big! Hello, Audrey was just a baby when we got married!
P.S. I am intrigued by the word-of-the-day thing your sisters have going...I am learning a lot! ;)
Sheila, I am sorry I really can spell...what a dork I am, p.s. I am insanely jealous that you are the chocolate champion--those brownies are making me drool
Post a Comment