Sunday, November 8, 2009

Football

Cam played his first season of flag football this fall. He had a lot of fun and is looking forward to playing again next year. Playing has helped him really start to understand the game and so now he will sit and watch the games with Dave. He seems particularly fond of climbing into our bed to watch the monday night games for some reason. Dave likes having a little football watching buddy.


Go Cam go! He's so fast he's blurry (or, mom can't take a decent picture) One of the boys on the team is in Cam's class this year and they had a bet going to see who could score the most touchdowns. I think it ended up a tie with 5 each. I'm not sure what the winner would have gotten besides first grade bragging rights. Cam's first big run of the season he slowed down to almost a stop and started looking around thinking something must be wrong, that he shouldn't have been able to run clear down the field. But he figured out pretty quickly to not stop until the whistle blew. The first seasons of new sports with little kids are very entertaining.

Lining up at running back

His team after the last game. Cam is #36 if you can't tell, because of all the hair in his face.

He also played baseball this spring at the same time Audrey was playing softball. Dave coached his team so I ended missing most of his games because I was with Audrey. I of course forgot the camera on the games I did go to, so no pictures.

3 comments:

Nettina said...

Matt's response was "holy what? is he in first grade?!" Both of our responses was how big he has gotten and how much older he looks! I guess it's been a while and kids grow like weeds! :)

Di said...

Go Cam Go! I like his hairdo. I'm glad he had fun with the football playing.

Tam said...

Di beat me to the "Go Cam Go!" But I'll say it anyway. Go Cam Go! kind of feel like squishing Nicco into a really small box to keep him little. Think it will work?