So after spending the last four years in Primary, I've been released. I knew this was coming because, well, because I've been in there for four years, but I still kind of have mixed feelings about it. I am happy, relieved, excited for a change, nervous, a little sad because I will miss the kids and the ladies I worked with and concerned about being able to sit still and listen during Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society. When the scriptures tell us to "become like a little child" I'm not sure that means revert to the point that you can't sit still during church meetings, but I'm afraid that is what has happened to me, no breaks in gospel doctrine to sing "Once There Was a Snowman" to get our wiggles out!
So I have been going over the possibilities in my mind of what my new calling would be and when we went to meet with the second counselor today, I was pretty convinced I was either going to be called back into the new Primary presidency or I would be a Sunday School teacher. Nope! I am the new ward and building librarian. I know this is pretty high on lots of people's dream calling list and I feel that way too but it is also pretty intimidating to me at the moment because I don't feel like organizing, cataloging, inventorying etc...is one of my strengths, in fact it is one of my weaknesses that has always driven me (and my husband) a little crazy. Also, it makes me nervous to not really be working with anyone, I'll have an assistant, but I have to be the one in charge. That means I have to make decisions! As Dave often points out, I just need something to stress about. Despite being a little nervous, I am excited about it and I am sure it will be just fine. And then I will need to find something new to stress about.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
thats exciting! change is always a good thing -- and your library at church will be very organized :)
Jealousy, envy...Envy, jealousy. Pretty much how I feel right now. Jealous and envious.
mesupr: someone who makes a lot of mistakes.
That will be awesome. You will be able to miss Gospel Doctrine and some of R.S. too. I usually end up hanging out with our librarians on most Sundays. They are two sweet little older ladies and I adore them. If you were my librarian I'd hang out and talk to you too.
You'll do great! I agree with the "having to sit still in Relief Society" thing. I'm so glad I have a baby to bounce around now so nobody knows that its me that needs to bounce around!
Finally! There are worse things than the librarian, like teaching Gospel Doctrine! My big fear would be all the copying, I am not good with those machines.
Oh, Sheila, I feel for you! It's been a year now since I was released from Primary and I still miss it. Don't worry about sitting still in Relieve Society though, just put yourself on the substitute list and whenever someone needs a sub they'll say "oh, I'll call Sister Smith. She LOVES Primary" and you'll be right back in there singing Once there was a Snowman. . . :)
Post a Comment